Who doesn´t like movies whose main character is a cute little girl doing gymnastic or a powerful confident women doing gymnastic or a strong good looking guy doing gymnastic or whoever doing gymnastic?!
I compiled a (surely not complete) list of films about gymnasts & their problems with doing the sport they love (and sometimes hate).
The linked movies are free to watch on YouTube:
- Nadia (1984, part 1 disappeared mysteriously since I watched it; only part 2 to the end available, but it´s still worth to relive the athletic career of the “perfect gymnast” from Romania)
- Little girls in pretty boxes (1997, watch a cute little girl struggling on her way to nearly become an elite gymnast for the United States)
- Perfect Body ( it´s about a gymnast, who develops eating disorders after her coach asks her to lose weight)
- American Anthem (1986, the first part is unfortunately mute – but after that you will see a nice and sometimes unrealistic movie about a “bad boy” returning to gymnastics and a pretty girl, who´s the new gymnast in town… a touch of romance is in the wind! ;-))
- Stick it (2006, a more modern and funny story about the gymnastics world in the United States with fashionable leotards – “it´s not called GymNiceTic” :-))
- Reach For the Sky (1991, two young gymnasts from a small Romanian town want to compete at the best gymnastic school in the country)
- The Gymnast (2006, Making of, sorrowful ex-gymnast Jane falls again in love with the sport and her partner Serena doing an aerial acrobatic act together)
- White Palms (2006, Trailer, watch the troubles between Hungarian coach Miklos- a former gymnastic champion – and young Canadian gymnast Kyle)
- Peaceful Warrior (2006, Trailer, a talented gymnast meets a spiritual guide & suffers a car accident – a very short summary)
At that time…
…and this day.
If you don´t know the films yet: Have a nice weekend :-)!
If you know other gymnastics films, please leave a comment!